Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Coffee...

"Coffee isnt about the beverage or whatever, coffee is about friendship and connection. When people call you and want you to meet for coffee they are looking for friendship and connection. They could get their coffee anywhere but they choose to have it with you." from Fresh Brewed Life by Nicole Johnson

Yesterday I had coffee with a friend. We had coffee and we laughed and talked and shared. Coffee wasnt the meaning of our visit, I could have coffee at home if I wanted to anytime but coffee was our excuse to meet and share and catch up on things going on in each other's lives. While I was at her home I felt a real sense of connection. God doesnt desire us to live life alone, He wants us to experience "connection" with others. I have been seeking to find a church down here which is similar to my church back in my hometown. I havent found it, maybe I am looking too hard or maybe I just want that "connection" in my new church as I had in my hometown church.

God wants to "connect" with us. He wants me to bring Him my hurts and my triumphs and my frustrations. I know things get busy in life sometimes and yesterday it was alot to make time for my friend, but I am so glad I did. We shared and talked and laughed and had a great time and I left there feeling so connected. Its funny how God works, all this over a cup of coffee....

No comments:

Post a Comment